27 Mar Pollo Penne (Chicken in a Mushroom Cream Sauce)
- 2 Chicken Breasts (filets removed)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil (divided)
- 2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1. Tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 5. Grinds Pepper
- 2 Grinds Salt
- 1 Shallot chopped
- 10 White Mushrooms halved
- 6-8 Sun-dried Tomatoes julienned
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups 35% creme
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/4. cup Parmesan Cheese
- Mix Italian Seasoning, Garlic, Shallot, Salt and Pepper together with 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Place chicken Breasts in a plastic bag and add the above mixture and marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Cook the penne as per instructions on package
- Place marinated chicken breasts in a pan and sauté until cooked through (turning once) about 8 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken breasts and keep warm
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and sauté the mushrooms until browned slightly, add the sun-dried tomatoes and continue to sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the white wine to deglaze the pan.
- Slowly add the 35% cream to the sauce and stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the spinach and parmesan , mix in well to let the spinach wilt.
- Cut the chicken Breasts into bit size pieces
- Add the sauce and chicken to the drained pasta and mix well.
- Serve with additional parmesan and freshly ground pepper.