27 Nov Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Boneless Blade Roast (approx. 4 lbs)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3-4 Grinds Pepper
- 3 Carrots – cut into 2 inch pieces, larger ends halved
- 2 Parsnips – cut into 2 inch pieces, larger ends halved
- 2 Cups Rutabaga Sticks (cut into 2 inch pieces
- 15-20 Mini Potatoes (can be omitted if serving with Mashed Potatoes.
- 4-5 Shallots – peeled and halved
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 2 1/2 Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat Olive Oil in a large frying pan.
- Add 1/2 the salt and 1/2 the pepper to the roast and brown on all sides – about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the roast to the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the salt and pepper, Thyme, Rosemary, Shallots and the beef stock.
- Cook on low for for 5 1/2 hours.
- At this time add the Carrots, Parsnips, and whole mini potatoes.
- Continue cooking on low for another 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the Roast to a cutting board and tent loosely – let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove the Vegetables to an oven proof dish and place in a warm oven (just to keep warm) @ 200°F.
- Pour the remaining beef stock into a pot add the Balsamic Vinegar and bring to a boil – boil for 5 minutes to reduce slightly.
- If serving with Garlic Mashed Potatoes add 1 Tbsp of cornstarch to 1/2 cup of the beef stock, mix well and add to the stock while boiling.