19 Nov Italian Roast Potatoes
- 4 Medium Potatoes (Red or White preferred over Russett)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary – Dried (chopped)
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano – Dried
- 1 Tbsp Parsley – Dried
- 2 Pinches Chili Powder
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 5-6 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- 3-4 Grinds Salt
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large cubes (or small wedges)
- Soak the Potatoes in cold water for minimum of 30 minutes (ideally 1 hour)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F
- In a bowl mix the dried herbs, garlic and 1/2 the Olive Oil.
- Remove the potatoes from the water, dry them with a kitchen towel and add them to the bowl of herbs.
- Mix well and add to a baking dish (I prefer a ceramic / bakeware type of dish).
- Add the rest of the Olive Oil to the dish and mix well again.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and turn the potatoes
- Reduce the oven to 350°F and bake for another 30 minutes
- Remove from Oven and let sit for 5 minutes to soak up the oils and flavours.
- Serve with Chicken Parmesan or any other meal you choose.