14 Nov Spicy Asian Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound of green beans (stem ends trimmed)
- 2 teaspoons fresh fine diced ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 green onions sliced into 1/8 the inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes (halfed)
- 1/4 teaspoons Chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- Heat a large skillet; add the 2 oils to infuse the flavours. Add the green beans and saute until they begin to look cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Add the ginger, garlic, green onions, soya sauce, sugar and chile paste. Cook for another 2-3 stirring frequently. The garlic will be golden, the sauce will become sticky and coat the beans.
- Add the grape tomatoes for the last minute of cooking time.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (optional).