24 Oct Asian Inspired Chicken
- 4 Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Sticky Rice (or Sushi Rice)
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger (chopped)
- 1 Tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 5-6 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- 2-3 Grinds Salt
- 1 Cup Yellow (or White) Onions
- 1 Cup Baby Bella Mushrooms (diced)
- 1 Cup Red Peppers (diced)
- 1 Cup Edamame Beans (shelled) (if frozen, thawed)
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Mint (chopped)
- Rinse the rice until the water runs clear, then soak rice for a minimum of 15 minutes – 30 minutes is ideal.
- Combine the Soy Sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and Sriracha Sauce in a small bowl, then brush the chicken with 1/2 the sauce and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add the vegetable oil.
- Salt and Pepper the chicken, then sear on both sides until browned (about 4-5 minutes per side).
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add Onions, Mushrooms and Peppers to skillet and sauté until softened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Stir in the Rice, other 1/2 of sauce, edamame and water. Mix to cover, then add the chicken on top and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Check to ensure chicken is cooked and rice is tender.
- Plate with chicken on top of rice topped with fresh mint.
- Serve with Asian Citrus Sauce.