02 Mar Golden Beet Soup
Posted at 18:54h in All Recipes, Gluten Free, Soups and Gazpacho 0 Comments
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Clove Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 Inch Ginger Root (peeled & chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 6 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 Large Golden Beets (peeled and cubed) about 2 cups
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice the Onions, Garlic &Ginger.
- Peel and chop the Golden Beets into dice size pieces.
- Heat Butter in a large pot and sauté the Onion for 4-6 minutes. Add the Garlic & Ginger and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes, then add the lemon zest.
- Pour in the Vegetable Stock and Beets and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Beets should be soft enough to puree.
- Blend with a stick until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh herbs and/or cream swirls.