22 Dec Tomato Pesto Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Pesto Store bought “OR” Pesto
- 2 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (sliced in 1/4 inch slices)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut Chicken Breasts in half and pound out into ‘cutlets’.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired
- Add the Olive Oil to the skillet
- Brown the chicken on both sides in a hot skillet (about 3-4 minutes per side)
- Remove the browned chicken onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Add about 1 TBSP of Pesto to each piece of chicken.
- Put a tomato slice on top of each piece of chicken.
- Top with parmesan cheese
- Bake at 350°F for 18 minutes. Then broil for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a pasta (Gnocchis are a good match)