04 Nov Carrot and Turmeric Soup
- 1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric (dried) or 1 TBSP Fresh Turmeric (chopped)
- 1 Inch Ginger Root (peeled & chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (roughly chopped)
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 4 Large Carrots (chopped) about 4 cups
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrop
- 1 Cup 35% Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice the Onions, Ginger (Turmeric – if using fresh) and Garlic.
- Peel and chop the Carrot into dice size pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté the Onion, Ginger and Turmeric for 3-4 minutes. Add the Garlic and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes.
- Add the Carrots and Vegetable Stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Carrots should be soft enough to puree.
- Blend with a stick until the soup is smooth and creamy.
- Off the heat, add the Cream, Curry Powder, Turmeric (if using dried), vinegar, soy sauce and maple syrup. Stir until combined then add back to heat for about 5 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh herbs and/or cream swirls.