28 Jul Grilled Avocado with Salsa
- 2 Avocados (fairly firm, but not hard)
- 1 Tomato (seeded and diced)
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 small Jalapeno (diced)
- 1 Chili Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil to brush on the grill
- Cut the Avocados in half (length ways) and remove the stone. Cut a small piece off the bottom (rounded) part to allow the avocados to sit flat.
- In a small bowl, combine Tomatoes, Cilantro, Green Onion, Jalapeno, Chili Pepper, Lime Juice, Olive Oil and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Preheat BBQ to medium and brush the grills with Oil
- Place the Avocados cavity side down and leave for 4-5 minutes to allow a caramelizing to happen (grill marks should be well blazed in).
- Remove from grill to a platter.
- Fill the cavities with salsa and serve.