27 Jul Tarragon Shrimp Sauce
- 2 pounds of Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 4 Roma Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Tablespoon dried tarragon (or 1 tablespoons of fresh tarragon)
- 1/4 cup Dry Vermouth
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- Salt (as desired)
- Pepper (as desired)
- Cook Pasta as per instructions.
- Sauté the shrimp in butter and oil until softened and pink and partially cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter and oil until softened – 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tarragon and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add vermouth and chicken stock to pan and cook on medium until mixture is reduced by 2/3 rds.
- Stir in half and half, season with salt and pepper as desired and cook until slightly thickened. Caution – add the half and half slowly to avoid curdling.
- Add the cooked shrimp and any accumulate juices and simmer until heated through.
- Toss with cooked pasta and serve.