27 Jul Sweet with Heat Grilled Salmon
Posted at 16:08h in All Recipes, Meats 0 Comments
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce (I prefer the reduced sodium & gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Ginger (grated)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (pressed)
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- 1 Salmon filet (I recommend 1/2 lb per person as the right portion)
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3 Green Onions (thinly sliced into rounds)
- 2 Red Chilies (seeded and very thinly sliced – length ways)
- 1 Cedar Plank
- Pre soak the cedar plank for at least 2 hours (I like to use a baking sheet, with the cedar plank on it covered in water – use a glass filled with water to weigh it down)
- Pick 1 cup of leaves off the Cilantro saving the stems. Finely chop the Cilantro stems.
- Combine the Cilantro stems, lemon zest, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and lime juice and mix well.
- In a glass baking dish that fits the salmon, pour the marinade over the salmon, rubbing in the pieces of Cilantro stems, garlic and ginger. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat the BBQ to high.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place on the cedar plank.
- Drizzle the honey over the salmon and brush to coat the whole filet.
- Grill, offset from the heated portion of the BBQ for 20-25 minutes.
- When done (check to see that salmon is done by opening pieces and ensuring it is light pink – don’t worry about wrecking the presentation the ‘forked’ salmon showing the inside next to the BBQ sticky outside is perfect presentation mode) place on a plater (whole).
- Garnish with Cilantro leaves, slivered chilies, and green onions.
- Squeeze the juice from the zested lemon over the salmon and serve.