27 Jul Spaghetti Squash – Mediterranean Inspired
- 1 Spaghetti squash (halved lengthwise with seeds removed)
- 2 Tbsps Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion (small – chopped )
- 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (or feta cheese)
- 8 Kalamata Olives (pitted and diced)
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 2 Tbsps Fresh Basil (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with a cooking spray (Pam)
- Place the squash cut side down on the baking sheet
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes (until tender to a fork insertion)
- Let cool (about 15 minutes, or long enough to allow easy handling)
- Heat the oil in a small skillet.
- Add the Onion and sauté until tender (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add the garlic, olives and capers – continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat into a covered baking dish.
- Using a fork, remove the pulp from the squash into the baking dish.
- Add the tomatoes and cheese and basil
- Mix to combine, cover and bake for 15 minutes @ 350°.