27 Jul Shrimp Panang
- 24 Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined) – leave the tails intact if your making as an appetizer
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Thai Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Paste with Sweet Basil Leaves (Por Kwan brand; see image 2)
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder (substitute paprika to reduce the ‘hotness’.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium / high heat (approx. 400)
- In a glass bowl, toss the shrimp with Olive Oil and Thai Seasoning
- Skewer the Shrimp and grill for about 2 minutes per side (shrimp should be marked and cooked through)
- In a medium skillet heat the vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic, chili paste and onion and cook until the onion is soft (about 2 minutes)
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and chili powder and continue to cook for another 3/4 minutes – sauce should begin to thicken.
- Serve over white rice by spreading the shrimp and sauce over the mounded rice. or as an appetizer spread the sauce on a a platter and put the shrimp on top garnished with slices of green onion tops (3 inch pieces sliced thinly)