27 Jul Porketta (Sudbury Style)
Posted at 18:37h
in All Recipes
- 2 tablespoons dill seed
- 2 tablespoons of fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 pound pork shoulder
- Mix all spices together.
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Slice 1 onion, and spread in bottom of roasting pan,
- Remove any rind from pork shoulder and rub the spice mixture over the shoulder
- Add water to the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the shoulder.
- Cover tightly and cook 4 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
- Strain and thicken drippings with diluted corn starch.
- Serve as pulled pork, with gravy and mashed potatoes.