27 Jul Pecan Chicken with Bourbon
Posted at 18:30h in All Recipes, Meats 0 Comments
- 1/4 cup of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Bourbon (I’ve used Southern Comfort)
- 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of ground pecans (save 4 whole pecans to garnish the dish)
- 4 Chicken Breasts (boneless / skinless)
- 3 tablespoons of butter (cut into 1 tablespoon pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of green onion tops (cut into small rounds for garnish).
- Whisk together Mustard, Sugar, Bourbon, Soy Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce and set aside.
- Combine pecans and press the ‘pounded’ chicken breasts into the pecan crumbs to coat both sides.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 4 minutes per side (watch carefully as pecans will burn quickly). Reduce heat to low and continue to cook chicken until cooked through (about 10 minutes), turning once.
- In a small saucepan, bring the bourbon mixture to a boil and reduce to a low slow simmer. Once heated through (2-3 minutes) remove from heat and whisk in one piece of butter at a time allowing each piece of butter to melt thoroughly before adding another. Do not reheat the sauce once butter is melted into it.
- Serve over white rice adding the sauce over the chicken and to flavour the rice.