27 Jul Moroccan Chicken
Posted at 18:26h in All Recipes, Gluten Free, Meats 0 Comments
- 4 Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (for browning)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas (optional)
- 1/2 cup of green olives (quartered) (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayanne pepper
- Mix the salsa, water, honey, cumin, cinnamon and cayanne pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Brown the chicken breasts in oil – about 5 minutes per side. Once browned, place in a baking dish.
- Saute the onions and garlic in the same skillet for about 5 minutes and cover the chicken once sauted.
- Pour the salsa mixture over the chicken, cover and bake for 30 minutes
- Serve over Jasmine rice, with Pompadoms.