27 Jul Mediterranean Chicken (aka Milestone Chicken)
- 4 Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 6 – 8 Grinds Fresh Black Pepper
- 8 Slices Soft Goat Cheese (1/4 inch thickness)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (ideally basil infused)
- 4 Slices Purple Onion (1/8 inch thick and halved)
- 4 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Grape Tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 Can Chickpeas (drained, rinsed and picked through to remove outer membrane that is loose)
- 1 Tbsp Basil Infused Olive (for drizzling)
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Reduction (for drizzling)
- Combine the Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Garlic and Black Pepper in a small bowl.
- With the Chicken Breasts flat and your palm on top, cut them in half, almost all the way through so they form a butterfly.
- Place the Chicken Breast in a ziplock bag and pour the balsamic / oil mixture in the bag and shake to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the BBQ to a medium / high heat. Place the Chicken breast open on the grill (save the marinade), and grill each side for 6 – 8 minutes depending on the thickness of the breasts.
- In a skillet, add the marinade from the ziplock bag and the grilled chicken breast with 2 slices of soft goats cheese on each breast. Fold the chicken breasts back together again. Sauté the chicken on medium for about 5 more minutes per side.
- In a separate skillet, add 1 tbsp of Basil infused Olive Oil and the onion and sauté until softened. About the time you turn the chicken over, add the spinach, tomatoes and chickpeas to the pan and combine – this should be done when the 2nd 5 minutes of the chicken is finished.
- Serve the chicken on top of Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Surround the Chicken / Potato with the Spinach, Chickpea / Tomatoes
- Drizzle with Oil and Balsamic just before serving.