27 Jul Granola Goodness
Posted at 20:08h in All Recipes, Gluten Free, Other 0 Comments
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (use golden not dark brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans (coarsely choppped)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisons
- Heat oil, brown sugar and honey in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cinnamon.
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, almonds, flax and seeds. Add sugar/honey/oil mixture and stir well to ensure all oats are coated.
- Spread in a shallow 9 by 13 inch parchment lined pan. Bake 8minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven. Stir in cranberries and raisons and bake 8 minutes longer until lightly browned.
- Mixture will firm up as it cools when cooled, break into chunks.
- Store refridgerated.