27 Jul Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 4 – 6 Russet Potatoes
- 1 Bulb Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream (I usually use the 1% / low fat or lactose free)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Cut the top off the garlic bulb to expose just the tops of each garlic clove.
- Place in a small ramekin and drizzle the olive oil over the garlic
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Scrub the potatoes with a brush (do not peel the potatoes).
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces to allow for quicker cooking.
- Place in cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for approximately 25 minutes or until soft enough to mash.
- Drain and mash with a potato masher
- Squeeze / pick each clove of garlic out of the bulb and add to the potatoes along with the sour cream.
- Beat with a mixer to a creamy consistency adding the milk slowly as you beat it. You may not need all the milk, or you may need more to get the creamy smooth consistency that you want.
- Cover and keep warm to serve.