27 Jul Chicken Marsala
Posted at 18:43h in All Recipes, Meats 0 Comments
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Cup of Corn Starch
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 Cups of Mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1 Cup of Marsala Wine
- 1 1/2 Cup of Water
- 3 Packets of Chicken Stock (cubes or powder)
- Cut Chicken Breasts in half and pound out into ‘cutlets’.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired
- Dredge the cutlets in Corn Starch ensure that they are covered; shake off excess starch.
- Saute the chicken in a skillet with 1/2 the butter and 1/2 the oil (if using a non stick pan – see notes) until slightly browned – about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- While the Chicken is cooking begin sauteing the mushrooms (in a separate pan) until they turn golden.
- Deglaze the pan with the Marsala wine scraping all browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1/2 the water and chicken stock bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium / low and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add the Mushrooms and Chicken to the sauce and continue to cook for another 5 minutes per side.
- After 10 minutes remove Chicken and increase heat to high, bring to a boil to thicken the sauce.