27 Jul Carrot Cake (with Cream Cheese Icing)
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil (I like to use Corn Oil)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots (use the finest side of the grater), (about 3-4 carrots)
- 1/2 Pkg Cream Cheese (1/2 a large package, I like to use the light option)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/4 Cups Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Combine the oil and sugar in a large bowl, beat until well blended
- Add Eggs (one at a time) and continue to blend well after each egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the egg/sugar mixture
- Fold in the raw carrots.
- Pour into a oiled and floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour @ 300°.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes
- Loosen from pan by gently shaking the pan, using a rubber spatula if necessary and invert on a plate to release cake from pan. Let cool on plate.
- Combine Cream Cheese and Butter in a medium bowl and let come to room temperature.
- Beat cheese and butter until blended and creamy.
- Add the icing sugar and vanilla and continue to beat to a creamy texture.
- Spoon onto top of cooled cake pushing the icing to edges (centre and outside) and let it run down the side of the cake.
- Can be garnished with some shredded carrots or chopped walnuts (optional)