27 Jul Caramelized Onions
Posted at 20:48h in All Recipes, Other 0 Comments
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion / Vadelia (halved and then sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low/medium heat.
- Sauté onions for about 15 minutes (on low). Onions should be soft and golden (but not brown).
- Add the brown sugar and the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook onion on low for another 10 minutes; stirring occasionally. Onions will be sticky and the juices will be mostly gone.
- Can be used immediately or can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for future use.