27 Jul Cabbage Rolls (deconstructed)
- 1 1/2 lbs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb Spicey Chorizo Sausage
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lg Onion (diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 can Low Sodium diced tomatoes (28 fl oz)
- 1/2 can Tomato Sauce (I prefer a spicey one
- with some kick)
- 1/2 sm Cabbage (chopped)
- 1/2 litre Sauerkraut (about 1/2 a jar)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
In a large skillet (I like to use my Tagine), saute the ground beef, Chorizo and Onion in the Olive Oil until the beef is not pink and the onions are softened. Add the garlic and saute for another 3 minutes to infuse the flavour.
Add the Tomatoes, Tomato sauce, Cabbage, Sauerkraut, Pepper and Salt to the meat and bring it to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer, cover and let simmer for 20 – 30 minutes (cabbage should be softened).
Serve over white rice in a large bistro type bowl. A baguette is a good addition (for dipping).