27 Jul Basil Pesto
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves (washed)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil (I like to use extra virgin)
- 5 Grinds Black Pepper
- 2 Grinds Salt (a pinch if not using rock salt)
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated)
- In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic and pine nuts and pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped.
- While the processor is running, add the olive oil and run until the oil is fully incorporated
- Remove blade from food processor
- Season with salt and pepper and add the grated parmesan cheese – fold into the pesto.